Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 117-August 25th: Orientation 2

Today was my first day of grad school. We had orientation all day. Most of the morning was spent teaching us about laws and how to be professional, and the afternoon was about what co-teaching is and different methods of co-teaching. I'm super excited to start, and yet I'm extremely nervous. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing when it comes to teaching, and I've been doubting myself more than ever. But it's okay, because I have a great co-teacher to lean back on when I'm not having such a great lesson. Also, they showed us a ton of evidence proving that students who have the co-teacher do about 20% better than students who have the regular student teaching method. On the second day(August 26th) I realized that everyone had just as many questions and was just as stressed as I was. They went more in depth about what our semester would be like and handed out assignments for the first 3 weeks when we are doing doing clinical (co-teaching.) We discussed the things we were nervous and concerned about and tried to come up with solutions. Then we got to talk about our professional examinations by the state of MN that take place in February. I found out they end on the 10th, so guess who is going to have a really great birthday on the 12th. Me! At the end they told us about how to obtain our masters in Education after we complete our year of teaching on our own. I'll be one short class away!

No comments:

Post a Comment