Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 289- February 12th: Birthday

Wow. I'm 22. Where does time go? And when can I go back to age 7? That was a good year. I don't remember a lot about it, but I'm sure it involved less homework, less worrying, less concerns about the future, and a lot more fun. I'd like to take a moment to remember a few past birthdays. 13 was a good year. I remember having rip and dip cake. Yum! 18 sucked...I was sick. My mom had a small surprise party for me but I really didn't feel it. 19 involved pasta Thursday at the dorms, and my first cigarette. Sad to say it wasn't my last. (no worries. I only went through like 4 packs in my lifetime and I think my ex smoked the majority of them.) 20 sucked...I was sick. My boyfriend came over and made me soup and mashed potatoes, we watched some tv and cuddled and I gave him a ride to work. On the way there he told me something that sadly became very true. He told me that year 20 and 21 would be the toughest of my life. And they have been.
But truth be told I think year 22 is going to be just as hard, if not harder. But heres the great part: It finally matters. All the work in school will be implemented in a real job. All the living off of no money will pay off, since I have some money to travel now. And all that heartache has only made me a stronger girl. Basically what I'm saying is: Fuck you year 22. I'm gonna whoop your ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment