Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 301-February 24th: Perfectly Imperfect

This may be a long post. Because a) I'm hungover in bed b) its freezing out and my "long" walk turned into a very short walk and c) I'm procrastinating beginning work on my unit plan because I have no idea how to teach social studies.

Last night I went out to the bar and the specials for the night ($1 rail drinks and $2.50 long islands) seemed impossible to say no to. So I stayed out until 2am and came home to shove some more food in my mouth. I slept until 10:30 so my long morning walk turned into a noon walk.

It was suppose to be a long walk with a nice cup of coffee. It turned into a hungover walk where I happened to be walking directly into the wind. So I only made it a mile. But, I took some pictures of my favorite place.


I also figured that I better get a picture of myself with the city before I leave it, so here it is :) Not the greatest picture considering I was in last night's make up.


I also got my birthday present in the mail yesterday. I bought it for myself. It's a plain sterling silver ring that is engraved with the words "Perfectly Imperfect." I'm not perfect, but my imperfections make me who I am, so why not rejoice in them? I ordered the ring from a company called Endorphin Warrior. They make jewelry for runners who are training and need a motto to help them along the way. I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment