Friday, March 2, 2012

Day 307-March 1st: The Ropes of Speed Dating

Tonight I took a step out of my comfort zone and crossed an item off of my bucket list :) Tonight I went to a speed dating event. It was a free event, except for the one glass of wine I bought. There was delicious food and I took my 2 friends with me for support. At first we just sort of awkwardly wove our way into a conversation with 3 other guys. Eventually we discovered that there was a separate room for the "speed" portion of the night. So we moved in there and started our evening. I talked to a bout 10 guys total. I think each person was from a different place (India, Kajakstan, New York, China, Argentina) and each was studying something different. Additionally there were men of all levels. One of the guys was in his 4th year of med school and look like he was about 30, and the youngest was 23 and in his 2nd year of clinical psychology.

It was great for my social skills. I was forced to ask and answer questions that allowed me to really learn about myself. I started analyzing why I was such a planner, in front of a complete stranger, nonetheless. We got a number card in the beginning and you were supposed to write down the number of the people you were interested in. If both of you write down each other's numbers then they will send you the persons contact info.

I went in thinking that I wouldn't meet anyone interesting and that even if I did I wouldn't do anything about it. Well....I wrote down two numbers and turned that card back in. We'll see if anything comes of it, but I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment