Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 268-January 22nd: early morning walks and runs.

I fell asleep super early last night, so I woke up this morning, planning on doing some work on my paper. My roommate also happened to be up, so we walked to dinkytown at 6:30am to get some breakfast. Then I came back and went for a short outdoor run, which I think can be considered my real first winter run ever. It wasn't too bad, but I only did 2 miles. Then I made a cup of warm coffee and started doing some work. I didn't get too much done at all. My boss called to tell me not to come to work because the roads were icy, so I went to the gym and did some lifting and a little bit of jogging. Then I came home and watched football all day long! Epic fail on the paper writing. I think I succeeded in writing about 1-2 pages total. AGH! It's too much! There is also a great quote posted below:

Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what lies clearly at hand.
- Thomas Carlyle


My "at hand" for today is football.

No comments:

Post a Comment