Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 256-January 10th: New Student

I have some very deep thoughts to write about one of these days, but today is not that day. I'm exhausted from lack of sleep and studying and I'd like to write about something new and exciting in my life :) Today we got a new student. Today was his first day ever in an American school. I have no idea how to work with him and he doesn't speak much english, but I'm super excited to see how the teacher in my room work with him. I have never shared any of my future plans with either of my co-teachers, but today I informed my English Language teacher that I'm planning on going to Spain and might end up teaching english their. I told her that I was super excited to see how they worked with this particular student, and that if she had any pointers for me she should let me know. Well she immediately told me about the UNI overseas recruiting Fair. I looked it up when I got home and have discovered that this is the program I heard someone talk about over winter break. I discovered that the Fair is the first weekend in February and that I must be registered by this Friday. It also cost $193 to register not to mention that it would require 2 or 3 nights of hotel staying. Unless I know someone in waterloo Iowa....which I don't. :( This has just led to more frustrations for me....but at least the new student is super duper cute :)

No comments:

Post a Comment