Friday, April 13, 2012

Day 349- April 12th: one proud teacher

I felt like a very lucky teacher today. I spent most of my day taking small groups of low math kids and work with them on practice MCA test questions. It was amazing to see the light go on in their heads from things we learned way back in September. We also worked on finding fractions of a set. For example: I have 9 cupcakes. Someone eats 1/3 of the cupcakes. How many cupcakes do they eat. This was a very hard concept for the kids, but I'm proud to say that after a lot of hard math work they are starting to get it.

I also had to make my first "your child is being naughty in school" phone call home. But it went well, and the parent promised to talk to their child and ask for a follow up phone call next week.

I stayed after school to help out at fine arts night. This is a night when third, fourth, and fifth graders all show off their art work, music skills and science fair project. It was so cute to watch them sing and to play their drums/ xylophones. And I was very impressed with their self portraits and superhero sculptures.

I'm one proud teacher :D

No comments:

Post a Comment