Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 353-April 16: New Necklace

For years and years I have worn a music note or treble clef around my neck to remind myself of the power music has, and it's importance to me. A few weeks ago I was cleaning out my jewelry (to downsize for Europe) and I found an old necklace I've never really worn. It was one that I found in a purse I bought on a garage sale about 4 years ago.  A super long chain with an anchor, bird, and gross colored brown jem. It never really matched any of my outfits (other than my pirate costume for Halloween 2010) so I almost tossed it. Then I decided that I loved the bird, and all the meaning behind it. Freedom and exploration, and the songs they sing. Such a perfect symbol of everything I want the next few years of my life to be. So I went to Sara Cura, and bought a new $7 chain, used some tools to take apart the necklace, and created my own new necklace. I've been wearing it for about a week and a half now, and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment