Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 360- April 24th: dreams vs. reality

What is better: dreams or reality? I once wrote a paper on this. Sophomore year of high school. Upon first thought I immediately went to dreams. But as I continued to think about it I realized how inaccurate that was. Dreaming is phenomenal. It allows you to be whomever and whatever you want, and that is worth a lot. But reality.....wow. When you actually experience and feel emotions it is worth everything. When I was little I'd dream about love, but the real thing was nothing like I imagined it to be. I dreamed of finding a passion, and now that I've found one I'm not sure I'll ever be able to let it go. And now I dream of Albania, and I cannot wait to get there and find out what it is really like.

So to answer the Great Gatsby writing prompt from 6 years ago, I'd like to say that my answer has been proven over and over again. Reality far outweighs dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment