Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 354-April 17th: Moments

Today my 3rd graders took the first 2 sections of the math MCA. yuck! what a long and boring test. Luckily it allowed for some great time for me to complete my homework assignments for tomorrow.

I spent my evening going to see a marvelous chick flick with Becky. Turns out the movie was based on a true story, thus saving my belief that men can be genuinely sweet (I've been having some doubts recently.) Unfortunately it made me long to fall in love again. Looks like that will just have to be put on the long list of things I want to do, seeing as my plate is a little full at the moment, and I don't think I want to stay in Albania for my whole life. Time will tell. The movie was mostly about how all of these little moments make up a person and who they are. I was thinking back to my favorite moments. I was trying to remember the first time I told someone I loved them, and I couldn't for the life of me remember it. But I remember him saying it to me, and I should have taken those words and all the knowledge that came with them. I also remember the second time he said it. Also should have listened to the words that followed it.

As I was talking to Becky tonight I realized that in truth I'm living out the exact words he told me, because I repeated them to her tonight while I was assuring her that we fall in love way more that once in life. And in truth, I believe it. And I have to believe the words he said, because actually they were exactly true: "I love you, but it doesn't mean we are meant to be together forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment