Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 36- June 5th: The Roses

I spent a good portion of today working on my favorite of the roses mix. When I added all of the songs I wanted I had an additional 30 minutes over what I could fit on one CD, so I had to put them in order and then delete a bunch.

The roses is an idea that my brother and his best friends started. I still haven't heard the full story, but Mike Kluball brought down the original roses around new years. This was all we listened to for a few months, then one weekend Adam went up and visited Mike in cloud town and brought back Roses 2: On the Water. A few weeks later John made Roses 3: Flying on the Ground. We went to visit Mike for his birthday, and upon getting home Daryn made Roses 4: Floating in the Air. A lot of the roses is filled with songs by The Dead, The Band, and a lot of bluegrass music.

In the evening I went for a "short" 5 mile run with my dad. You can read about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment