Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 39- June 8th: Dinner with the Dean

Today I worked for the first time in about a week. I ate a good size breakfast, so I skipped lunch, knowing I would get home at 2:30. After arriving home I decided to go for a 3 mile run before eating. I headed out a little after 3 and returned home around 4. I made myself, a well deserved, peanut butter banana shake, and began to finally eat my lunch. I went to get the mail and had received a letter about getting on the Dean's list for the spring semester. I thought to myself, "I'm supposed to meet her sometime soon." I knew I had a Alumni Society celebration dinner with her sometime in June. Suddenly it occurred to me that it was tonight. At 5:30.  At a restaurant 20 minutes away. I quickly finished my shake (I wasn't going to let that deliciousness go to waste) and hopped in the shower. This is what became of my closet as I tried to come up with something appropriate to wear (I spent an hour yesterday reorganizing my closet):


All in all the dinner was quite nice. I got to discuss the new Masters of Education program with the Dean, and we talked about my placement for student teaching. I also spend a good portion of the evening talking with the President of the Alumni Society about all the major races she has taken part in in the Twin Cities area. They also gave me a fabulous gift.


Afterward I got to meet up with BOTH of my best girlfriends. Gretchen has been away in France since the end of January and I have missed her so much. We headed out for some ice cream at Chilly Billy's. It turned out to be quite a fun (and hectic) day.

No comments:

Post a Comment