Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 12- May 12th: Thoughts on Regrets

Yesterday evening I had a really good conversation with my mom. usually when I call her we just talk about day to day stuff, but every once in awhile we will get into deep conversations. Yesterday we had one of those calls. I hung up feeling as though she is finally starting to understand the woman I've become since I moved away from home. anyway we somehow got on the subject of money, which led to a conversation about regrets.

Now I typically try to pretend that I have no regrets. Impossible right?

You would be correct in that assumption. I have regrets. However, I don't regret any of the decisions I've made. If I could I might go back and change a few things here and there, but I'm happy I made the decisions I did, because they got me to where I am today. I do, however, regret the decisions I didn't make. I regret not choosing to study abroad, I regret not going to Telluride last year, I regret not ending a certain relationship when I knew I needed to. Which leads me to a few quotes from Harry Potter. "It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." Choices, even minor ones can change the course of our life, so it's important that we always pay close attention to them.

There was one more quote from the second Harry Potter book, that seems to be an appropriate metaphor for life. "Have you ever heard of a plan where so many things could go wrong?"

No comments:

Post a Comment