Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 9- May 9th

This may be a bit longer than the previous posts, but I have a lot to say. I've been doing a lot of thinking about the people that enter our lives. Most of these people are just sort of there and don't make much of an impact, but every once in awhile, if we are really luck, we meet someone who changes us. I'd like to thank a few of the people who have changed me for forever.

My best friend, Rebecca Nelson- I'm grateful for all the time we spend together, and the fact that I know I have a friend no matter what happens. Thanks for all the drunken laughter and parties, all the study dates, and most importantly all the ice cream and long talks. You have helped me get through so much.

My brother, Daryn- Thanks mostly for introducing me to good music. Thank you also for watching my back, and giving me words of wisdom when I need them the most. There is no one in the world I'd like to sit down to share a Stout or a Bloody Mary with.

My mother and father- For raising me to be who I am today, and accepting the woman I've become even though it's not what they expected. Also, for helping keep me calm during my times of frustration at growing up. For talking me through and helping with finances when they can. I'm grateful to have parents who care so much about my future and my dreams.

ex boyfriend #1- I won't use names, but this man created some really big dreams with me, and even though most of them have changed, I'm glad I got the opportunity to share so much with one person. You taught me a lot about the difference between what everyone else wanted me to be, and who I want to be. I'm sorry for all the hurt I caused you, but thankful for the lessons learned from it

ex boyfriend #2- You taught me how to cry, and how to truly love a person for who they are. I'm sorry I accomplished so much when it came to the crying and less when it came to the loving, but I'm young and I'm still learning. You showed me a different side of life, parts of it I loved and parts of it I hated, but I'm grateful for the new experiences, and the growing I've done in the last 2 years. I'm glad you are still teaching me lessons even from 600 miles away. I'll love you forever, and that's a promise I know I can keep.

There are a lot more people who have made an impact on my life, but i think I've covered the 5 most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment